Claudius is described to have a large, booming voice (as quoted by Katniss Everdeen) and a sense of superiority. During the 74th Hunger Games, Claudius, for the first time, spoke in a panicked voice, as Katniss and Peeta faced the Capitol with suicide. Claudius usually announces invitations to feasts, and always ends his sentences with the slogan for the Games, "And may the odds be ever in your favor!"
Announcements in 74th GamesEdit
1. “Ladies and gentlemen, let the Seventy-Forth Hunger Games begin!”
2. The announcement about the new rule, under which if 2 tributes from one District are the last ones left standing, they will both be declared winners.
3. Inviting Katniss, Peeta, Cato, Clove, Thresh, and Foxface to the Feast. “Now hold on. Some of you may be declining my invitation. But this is no ordinary feast. Each of you needs something desperately. Each of you will find that something in a backpack marked with your district number, at the Cornucopia, at dawn. Think hard about refusing to show up. For some of you, this will be your last chance.”
4. “Greetings to the final contestants of the Seventy-fourth Hunger Games. The earlier revisions have been revoked. Closer examination of the rule book has disclosed that only one winner may be allowed. Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor!”
5. Frantically, “Stop! Stop! Ladies and gentlemen, I am pleased to present the victors of the Seventy-forth Hunger Games, Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark! I give you- the tributes of District Twelve!"